Start Saving Today!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008



Everyone needs a savings plan, especially women. I believe that a personal savings plan is a confidence booster and a much needed security net. You never know when something may happen...car breaks down, loss of job, or any other emergency situation. And it is nice to know that if an emergency situation arises you can depend on your savings plan and not your credit cards. Plus, with a savings plan you will not feel "stuck" in a situation...whether it be a bad relationship, a bad career, or any other sticky situation you may find yourself in.

I bank with Wachovia, and this is their plan, but I know just about all banks are doing this now. It is a savings plan that withdraws $1 from your checking and transfers it to your savings plan every time you use your debit card or make an online bill payment...which I am sure we all do fairly often. So you can see how, at this rate, the savings would add up fairly quickly. In addition to that you can set up automatic monthly transfers to add to the savings. For the first year your APY is 5% + a 5% annual interest bonus they add on at the end. I am very surprised at how quickly and easily my little savings plan is growing...and it feels great! If you don't have one...go by your local bank and check it out!

1 comments:

Mrs. Realife said...

This is great... just moved to a new (small) town and they don't have a Bank of America! Can you believe that? But... they do have a Wachovia -- I'm so leary of switching because I love B of A's website... it's so easy -- :)