~!Bon Appetit!~

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well I have never been much of a cook. But lately, I am on a cooking kick. I cook on my off days, and I wake up excited to go searching for a new recipe to try. I work a couple late nights a week, which on those nights I do not get to cook :( I wish I could be home every evening to cook some yummy dishes...who knows, maybe a career change is in my near future that will allow me to do this(fingers crossed). So I am always looking for new websites or blogs with easy recipes to share. Which, let me mention, when I say I cook, I do not mean all Martha Stewart like. I mean easy, few ingredient recipes that don't take too long to make and are yummy! So I wanted tos hare one of my new favorite sites...

www.campbellkitchen.com




This site has easy recipes that use Campbell's soups. They post new weekly recipes and recipes under $10...very practical cooking. You can create an online recipe box or you can print out the recipes in various formats, text only, with pics, recipe card format, or recipe keepsake format. which will lead me to my next craft project...either creating a crafty recipe book with all my favorites or a cute little recipe box. I am very excited. The cooking is not just about the cooking, its about making it fun and cute and adding your personal touch. So what's for dinner tonite you ask?





Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
From: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes
Serves: 6


Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
10 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
1 medium tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)

Directions:

Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.

Stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.

Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.

Bake at 350°F. for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.


MMMM...I can't wait! So for now I am off to grocery shop, and buy the newly released Twilight soundtrack *squeal*...Cooking and Twilight, that is what excites me today :)

Any recipe sites to share?

0 comments: