A poem for thought

Monday, August 25, 2008

Body and Shadow

I would like my shadow
should follow me
beyond twilight
and into the night
so we could talk
about the difference
between
who I think I am,
who I am
and who I'd like to be
without any accusations
of the light
as sinister and revealing
my darker self
to a Christ-starved world.

I would like to ask
where shadows go
when the sun sneaks away
to reveal
the universe
beyond the blue sky
and what do shadows do
while we sleep
and dream of where
shadows might take us
if we followed them
into the night.

But my shadow won't face me
and in turn
I won't face myself
Because even
in the blue light of day
I hide behind
who everyone thinks I am
and my shadow is so ashamed
that he refuses to show his face
or maybe
he just mimics me.


© 2008 Furious Poet Press

0 comments: