Perfect timing...

Monday, October 6, 2008

I will not die an unlived life


I will not die an unlived life,
I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire,
I choose to inhabit my days,
To allow my living to open me,
To make me more accessible,
To loosen my heart until it becomes a wing,
A torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
To live so that what comes to me, as seed,
Goes to the next as blossom,
Then goes on to bear fruit.

Dawna Markova.


Today I attended a class, the speaker ended with this poem. It just reminded me that I am afraid of life. Partially because I was brought up this way, and second because I obviously choose to continue to live this way. Not that I want to, but I do. During this class today I realized something had to change. We have a choice, we write our own story. I know what I want my new story to be, it is just a matter of the follow through. I believe we are here for a purpose, we just have to listen to our hearts and discover this purpose. For me it is a matter of getting my head to shut up so I can hear my heart, my spirit, my soul. I know where I am is not where I want to be, I believe there is more for me, it is a process though, a journey. A journey I begin today. I found that this poem is from Markova's memoir, I Will Not Die an Unlived Life. It seems when you are in need of something, it will be given to you. I believe I heard this poem for a reason, I was in need. Memoirs are my favorite read, I always gain inspirations from others' lives. I plan to read this book next. The poem brought tears and was a soul shaker for me, I am anxious to read her story...


0 comments: